19 February 2007

The calm before the storm

The past few days have been unusually and thankfully quiet as we've rolled out multiple new changes to the yaplet client. Reviews have been good, but with all the great user feedback we've received, Matt & I feel yaplet can be even better. Even bigger.

Today, yaplet was described as a "meta-community". (Thanks go to GWEGGY for the inspiration.) Yaplet takes down barriers. It allows individuals to socially tap the sites/communities that fit them, rather than being shoehorned into a one-size-fits-all or predetermined community...

(It will probably take me a few more days to explore and refine all of the exciting implications. Feel free to comment on my pseudo-philosophical ramblings below, or just catch me the yaplet homepage.)

Anyway, Matt is re-writing the yaplet web server from scratch in his never ending pursuit of speed! (Can you tell that our internet connection just really sucks?) Hopefully, you guys won't mind the faster service either. ;)

We are striving to add the necessary final touches to yaplet before it starts to finally catch on in the good ol' USA.

1 comment:

Gregg Scott said...

Cristina, That phrase 'meta-community' was actually suggested by Matt!

I was going to announce it on the TWITTER public timeline and on my own blog and I was having a hard time describing it.

I think of it as my on personal blog chat room.

I wish you the best. I will blog about Yapletit and I will email you as well with some further input. Or is it output if I'm giving your ideas? Anywho...

I think you're onto something big here and I'd like to support you in any way I can. Even that means publicizing your partner's ideas!

Gregg
www.GWEGGY.com